Why should you choose YouTube advertisement?
Video consumption has been on the rise for quite some time now. However, the concept of advertising on a video platform such as YouTube remains foreign to many businesses.
YouTube gathers a large number of people searching, watching, sharing, commenting, and “liking” video content. It’s surprising that more businesses are not utilising YouTube advertisement in their digital marketing efforts.
Some stats that could make you change your mind when it comes to YouTube advertisement:
- YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the world (after Google search)
- Over 1 billion users (1/3 of the internet)
- More than 1 billion hours of video content watched daily
- 300 hours of video content uploaded to YouTube every minute
ADVANTAGES OF YOUTUBE ADVERTISEMENT:
YouTube advertisement lets you reach your targeted audience when they upload, search, and view video content. It allows you to connect with your local and international audience on the second most popular search engine in the world. The ability to target your ideal audience accurately guarantees positive ROI. You can show ads to YouTube users based on their demographics, gender, geographic location, the language they speak or their interests. For example, you can target men aged 18 to 34 who live in Ireland and love to travel specifically to Galway. You can also show your ads based on category or subcategory on the YouTube channel (music, food and drinks, travel, etc.) placements, topics or keywords that people type in the search box.
Video ads help businesses connect with potential customers in a unique and unforgettable manner and present them with benefits of using your product or service via visual storytelling. Show your brands personality in a visual and unforgettable manner.
The great advantage of YouTube advertisement is a relatively low cost when compared to search, and all paid views are counted towards your public video views.
Audience and Performance Analysis:
As always with Google, YouTube offers the ability to measure campaign performance through tools that can help you understand your audience.
Note: Although a certain portion of users skip your advertisement after few seconds, research shows (and you know it by yourself) that the viewer most often remembers the brand they saw.
Of course, there is always remarketing which can boost your performance. Remarketing shows video ads only to people who have already visited your YouTube channel, video or website.
YOUTUBE VIDEO FORMATS:
Available video ad formats include: TrueView in-stream ads, TrueView video discovery ads and Bumper ads.
TrueView video ad formats:
There are two types of TrueView ads:
- In-stream ads, which run before, during or after videos on YouTube or on video partner sites and apps. They give viewers the option to skip the ad after 5 seconds. They are excellent for Brand Awareness as you get your brand across and pay only if the video is viewed for more than 30 seconds, or for the full length of your video, whichever comes first. That means that when someone clicks to skip your ad after 5 seconds, you don’t pay, but still they saw your 5 second brand “pitch” which contributes to your brand awareness. My suggestion is to make those first 5 seconds count; try to get your main message in the first 5 seconds.
- Video discovery ads appear in places where viewers discover content, like on YouTube search results, next to related videos, on the YouTube homepage and on partner sites and apps. They invite people to click on a thumbnail to watch your video ad or to land on your YouTube channel.
Bumper ads are short 6 second or less video ad formats designed to allow you to reach more customers and increase your brand awareness.
They are great if you have a short, memorable message and looking to reach viewers broadly. They can play before, during or after another video and viewers don’t have the option to skip the ad. Bumper ads use CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) bidding, so you pay for each 1000 views.
YOU GET CHARGED WHEN:
- The viewer clicks to view your promotional video
- Watch video more than 30 seconds
- Or watch the entire video (if it’s shorter than 30 seconds)
YOUTUBE BIDDING MODELS:
- CPM (cost per 1000 impressions) – you get charged for every 1000 views
- CPV (cost per view) – you get charged if the viewer sees your ad for at least 30 seconds
In today’s digital age, there are so many advertising models. Choose the one that will help you achieve your goals and hit your targets with the minimum cost. And of course don’t forget to have fun while doing it. 🙂